RÈGLEMENT DU CONCOURS
GROW BEYOND DE G3
1. Contest begins at on January 28, 2021 and ends at 12:00 p.m. on April 30, 2021 (“Contest Period”). This contest is conducted by G3 Canada Limited (“G3”) in collaboration with Agriculture in the Classroom Canada (collectively, the “Collaborators”).
2. Six (6) scholarships will be awarded across Canada, each valued at $4,000.00 (CDN) and payable in one sum. Each scholarship may be used at any Canadian post-secondary institution, including provincially recognized community colleges and universities in any field of study. In addition, the high school of each student who is awarded a scholarship will receive a one-time cash donation of $1,000 to be used for the sole purpose of developing innovative initiatives, such as new methods and/or ideas, for improvements in agriculture.
3. Each entrant must meet the following requirements: (i) complete the online scholarship application form; (ii) submit all accompanying documents as outlined in the online application form; (iii) produce and submit a creative 2-4 minute video outlining a vision and planned contribution to the future of technology and innovation in Canada’s agricultural sector. The video must address the following questions, each of which will be worth the percentage indicated as follows:
i. Which innovative initiatives, such as new methods and/or ideas, do you believe have had the most impact on improvements to the Canadian agricultural industry? (50%)
ii. In your chosen field of study, how would you apply innovation and technology to the Canadian agricultural industry? (50%)
4. Winners will be chosen based on the following assessment criteria, each of which will be worth the percentage indicated as follows: (i) video essay (50%); (ii) public online voting of the video essays (25%); (iii) community and/or school involvement, the details of which can be found in the scholarship application form (25%).
L’essai vidéo ainsi que les parties de l’engagement communautaire et/ou scolaire seront évalués par un panel d’universitaires et de professionnels de l’industrie issus du secteur agricole du Canada.
Les vidéos qui répondent aux exigences de la demande de bourse seront affichées sur la page en ligne consacrée aux bourses et feront l’objet d’un votre du public. Un vote (1) vidéo maximum sera permis pour chaque région figurant sur la page Web de la vidéo.
A maximum of six (6) scholarships may be awarded. The Collaborators reserve the right to award less than six (6) scholarships.
Le comité de sélection des bourses se composera d’universitaires et de professionnels de l’industrie issus du secteur agricole du Canada comme les Collaborateurs le jugent nécessaire (le « Comité de sélection »).
5. Applications and videos will be reviewed by the Selection Committee between May 17, 2021 – June 11, 2021. Only successful applications will be notified by the Selection Committee. A designate of the Selection Committee will make reasonable efforts to contact the scholarship winners by telephone or email no later than June 18, 2021. The scholarship will be presented to the winner by a designated representative of the Collaborators.
The time, date and location of the scholarship presentation is to be determined. Before being declared a scholarship winner, the selected entrant must be in full agreement and compliance with these contest rules. A selected entrant who cannot be contacted or who does not agree or comply with these contest rules will be disqualified. An alternative winner may or may not be chosen by the Selection Committee.
6. The Collaborators shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the contest. Failure to provide such proof in a form satisfactory to the Collaborators may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Collaborators for the purpose of the competition must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Collaborators reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information. The Collaborators are not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants.
7. By entering this contest, the entrant agrees to abide by all of the contest rules and the decisions of the Collaborators and the Selection Committee, which are final.
8. This contest is open to all residents of Canada, excluding residents of the Province of Québec, who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence, are attending a Canadian high school, graduating high school in the year 2021, and entering a Canadian post-secondary institution in a first-year degree or diploma program. Students who have applied for entry into a college or university, but have not yet been accepted, may still apply for a scholarship. The selected applicants will be contacted upon selection and must provide by e-mail or mail his or her letter of acceptance to a Canadian post-secondary institution in a first-year degree or diploma program in order to claim scholarship.
Les employés, les représentants et les agents des Collaborateurs et chacun de leurs affiliés ainsi que les membres de leur famille immédiate (conjoints légaux ou de fait et enfants) de chacun de ces employés, représentants et agents ne peuvent pas participer au concours. Ce concours est assujetti à tous les lois et règlements fédéraux, provinciaux et municipaux.
9. The Collaborators, including each of their agents and representatives and those associated with each of them, are not responsible for any entry form, prize winning notice or prize claim that is late, lost, stolen, delayed, misdirected or illegible, whether or not due to the fault of the Collaborators or of any other person or thing. The Collaborators and each of them are not responsible for any failure of the contest website during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Collaborators and each of them on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof. The Collaborators and each of them are not responsible where an entrant is unable to access the contest on their mobile device, computer or other device. The Collaborators reserve the right at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries) who tampers with the entry process.
10. The Collaborators reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest, or extend the deadline for this contest, at any time for any reason. If the contest is terminated or suspended, the Selection Committee may select the winner by a random draw from eligible entries received before that time.
11. The prize must be accepted as awarded, is not transferable and cannot be converted to cash. The Collaborators reserve the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value if the particular prize is not available for any reason. The Collaborators will make all reasonable efforts to deliver the prize to the declared winner as soon as possible after a decision is made.
12. The winner is responsible for, and releases the Collaborators and each of them and each of their affiliates and advertising agencies from, all claims, injuries, damages, losses and costs related to or in any way arising out of this contest (including, without limitation, the delivery, acceptance, insurance and use of the prize). The winner may be required by the Collaborators and each of them to execute a release and indemnity form in favour of the Collaborators and each of them.
13. Under no circumstances will the Collaborators and each of them or any of their directors, officers, and employees, be required to award more prizes than what is indicated in these rules or award the prize other than in accordance with these rules.
15. By entering this contest, the entrant agrees to the use, without compensation, of his/her photograph, name and in all publicity campaigns related to the contest, including in all advertising and news releases and on the Collaborators’ and each of their websites, social media pages, and in the Collaborators’ and each of their online and paper newsletters.
16. SUBJECT TO THE LAWS OF MANITOBA