G3 GROW BEYOND SCHOLARSHIP
1. Contest begins [date] (“Contest Period”). This contest is conducted by G3 Canada Limited (“G3”).
2. Six (6) scholarships will be awarded across Canada, each valued at $5,000.00 (CDN) and payable in one sum. Each scholarship may be used at any Canadian post-secondary institution, including provincially recognized community colleges and universities in any field of study.
3. Each entrant must meet the following requirements: (i) complete the online scholarship application form; (ii) submit all accompanying documents as outlined in the online application form; (iii) produce and submit a creative 1 to 2-minute video outlining a vision and planned contribution to the future of technology and innovation in Canada’s agricultural sector. The video must address the following questions:
- What is your chosen field of study and why does it interest you?
- What is one major challenge facing the world that you believe could be addressed through innovation in the field of agriculture?
- Describe this innovation and how your studies can achieve it.
Students who have applied to a college or university but have not yet been accepted are eligible to apply. Scholarship winners must provide a copy of their acceptance letter to be awarded.
4. Winners will be chosen based on the following assessment criteria, each of which will be worth the percentage indicated as follows: (i) Content and presentation of the video essay (65%); (ii) results of public online voting of the video essays (25%); (iii) community and/or school involvement, the details of which can be found in the scholarship application form (10%).
The video essay and community and/or school involvement portions will be assessed by a panel of academic and industry professionals from Canada’s agricultural sector including representatives of G3 (the “Selection Committee”). This panel will be assembled by a third-party manager with experience in scholarship selections.
Videos that meet the scholarship application requirements will be published to the online scholarship page for public voting. A maximum of one (1) video vote will be allowed for each region listed on the video web page.
A maximum of six (6) scholarships may be awarded. The Collaborators reserve the right to award fewer than six (6) scholarships. Selected applicants must present an acceptance letter from a Canadian post-secondary institution to receive the scholarship. Failure to provide such a letter by [date] will result in the scholarship being withdrawn.
5. Applications and videos will be reviewed by the Selection Committee at the conclusion of the application period. Only successful applicants will be notified. A designate of G3 will make reasonable efforts to contact the scholarship winners by telephone or email no later than [date]. The scholarship will be presented to the winner by a designated representative of G3.
The time, date and location of the scholarship presentation is to be determined. Before being declared a scholarship winner, the selected entrant must be in full agreement and compliance with these contest rules. A selected entrant who cannot be contacted or who does not agree or comply with these contest rules will be disqualified. An alternative winner may or may not be chosen by the Selection Committee.
6. G3 shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the contest. Failure to provide such proof in a form satisfactory to G3 may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to G3 for the purpose of the competition must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. G3 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information. G3 is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants.
7. By entering this contest, the entrant agrees to abide by all the contest rules and the decisions of G3 and the Selection Committee, which are final.
8. This contest is open to all residents of Canada, excluding residents of the Province of Québec, who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence, are attending a Canadian high school, graduating high school in the year 2022, and entering a Canadian post-secondary institution in a first-year degree or diploma program. Students who have applied for entry into a college or university, but have not yet been accepted, may still apply for a scholarship. The selected applicants will be contacted upon selection and must provide by e-mail or mail their letter of acceptance to a Canadian post-secondary institution in a first-year degree or diploma program to claim scholarship.
Employees, representatives, and agents of G3, as well as the immediate families (legal or common law spouses and children) of each of these employees, representatives and agents are not eligible to enter the competition. This contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations.
9. G3 including its agents and representatives and those associated with each of them, are not responsible for any entry form, prize winning notice or prize claim that is late, lost, stolen, delayed, misdirected or illegible, whether or not due to the fault of the Collaborators or of any other person or thing. G3 and each of them are not responsible for any failure of the contest website during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by G3 on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof. G3 is not responsible where an entrant is unable to access the contest on their mobile device, computer, or another device. G3 reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all their entries) who tampers with the entry process.
10. G3 reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this contest, or extend the deadline for this contest, at any time for any reason. If the contest is terminated or suspended, the Selection Committee may select the winner by a random draw from eligible entries received before that time.
11. The prize must be accepted as awarded, is not transferable and cannot be converted to cash. The Collaborators reserve the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value if the prize is not available for any reason. The Collaborators will make all reasonable efforts to deliver the prize to the declared winner as soon as possible after a decision is made.
12. The winner is responsible for and releases G3 and its affiliates and advertising agencies from, all claims, injuries, damages, losses and costs related to or in any way arising out of this contest (including, without limitation, the delivery, acceptance, insurance and use of the prize). The winner may be required by G3 to execute a release and indemnity form in favour of G3.
13. Under no circumstances will G3 or any of its directors, officers, and employees, be required to award more prizes than what is indicated in these rules or award the prize other than in accordance with these rules.
15. By entering this contest, the entrant agrees to the use, without compensation, of his/her photograph, name and in all publicity campaigns related to the contest, including in all advertising and news releases and on G3’s websites, social media pages, and online and paper newsletters.
16. SUBJECT TO THE LAWS OF MANITOBA
Last Updated: Feb. 16th, 2023